1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lily_w, Jan 24, 2012.

1. lily_w

lily_w New commenter

I never thought I'd be saying this but today, after months of unemployment and unsuccessful interviews, I have finally managed to get a job in a primary school. I will be teaching Year 6 until August with the possibility of this being extended to next year and while I'm very nervous, I'm also very excited! Just want to say to other people - don't give up. I was on the verge of leaving teaching (see my posts in the unemployed teachers forum) but I decided to persevere. I'm glad I did as someone has now given me a chance. Good luck to all other jobseekers.

2. lily_w

lily_w New commenter

I never thought I'd be saying this but today, after months of unemployment and unsuccessful interviews, I have finally managed to get a job in a primary school. I will be teaching Year 6 until August with the possibility of this being extended to next year and while I'm very nervous, I'm also very excited! Just want to say to other people - don't give up. I was on the verge of leaving teaching (see my posts in the unemployed teachers forum) but I decided to persevere. I'm glad I did as someone has now given me a chance. Good luck to all other jobseekers.

3. Many congrats. :)

4. that's wonderful news, really pleased for you! All the best in your new job!!!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations and celebrations. . . . .[​IMG]
    That's a really good encouragement on an overcast day.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Lily!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    Your very own class - isn't that just great!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

7. lily_w

lily_w New commenter

Thanks everyone. I'd like to also thank all of you for your support and brilliant advice, as without that I doubt I would have managed to finally get a job. Middlemarch's idea of question/skill mindmaps helped me a lot in the interview. I also used an Executive Summary and it led to me being shortlisted so they do work :)

8. Congrats! Well done.
    [​IMG]
    Kind regards,
    PR

9. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done Lily W[​IMG]! Fingers crossed it gets extended! x

10. Well done Lily W. I found Middlemarch's mindmap idea helpful too (although unsuccessful, I did much better than previously!). I hope you enjoy your new job. x

11. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Well done! What a lot of good news tonight!