1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by haleyp, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Yes that's right, me!! I got it!! I know I didn't tell anyone that I had another interview, but it was quite a last minute affair (invited to interview on Friday to attend on Monday!. Anyway, I got my best Christmas present after all, and I couldn't be happier!! It is a two term contract starting in January in a lovely school, with a fantastic department, and I can't wait!!
    Thank you millions to Theo and Lara, and everyone else for their previous kind wishes and commiserations, the support on here is fantastic, and I know I wouldn't have got the job without all of the advice offered here.
    Good luck to those still job seeking - the right school/job is out there, just keep positive! And equally good luck to those who have been recently successful and are starting a new post in the new year.
    Have a fantastic Christmas guys, and thanks again! I got the job!! (still can't quite believe it!!)
    Haley.

2. Yes that's right, me!! I got it!! I know I didn't tell anyone that I had another interview, but it was quite a last minute affair (invited to interview on Friday to attend on Monday!. Anyway, I got my best Christmas present after all, and I couldn't be happier!! It is a two term contract starting in January in a lovely school, with a fantastic department, and I can't wait!!
    Thank you millions to Theo and Lara, and everyone else for their previous kind wishes and commiserations, the support on here is fantastic, and I know I wouldn't have got the job without all of the advice offered here.
    Good luck to those still job seeking - the right school/job is out there, just keep positive! And equally good luck to those who have been recently successful and are starting a new post in the new year.
    Have a fantastic Christmas guys, and thanks again! I got the job!! (still can't quite believe it!!)
    Haley.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Haley!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    You must be feeling SO pleased to have a job, and can now relax for Christmas! You sly old thing, keeping it all to yourself!
    I am on my hols and not supposed to be here, (Mrs TG is moaning!) but couldn't resist congratulating you.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Even more excellent news! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations!
    [​IMG]
    Time to celebrate!
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Great news!

6. Thank you everyone! My very own sparkly star, at last!
    I've got my employment folder at the ready for the first documents to go in there Theo - starting as I mean to go on with good organisation. Now have a fantastic holiday, and thank you again for my star and your wishes, it means a lot.
    So I guess I'll be spending a lot of the holidays reading and planning etc - I never thought I'd be so pleased!

7. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done Hayleyp [​IMG]! An excellent Christmas present!
    [​IMG]

8. Why thank you very much indeed! It really is the best Christmas present. You start your job in January too, don't you? Are you all ready?