1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MAX2012, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I'm in shock still can't quite believe it after 19 yes19 interviews I've landed my first teaching job!!! Reception teacher for maternity cover :)

Just want to thank everyone on here! Your support and encouragement couldn't have done it without you :D

2. I'm in shock still can't quite believe it after 19 yes19 interviews I've landed my first teaching job!!! Reception teacher for maternity cover :)

Just want to thank everyone on here! Your support and encouragement couldn't have done it without you :D

3. Well done, that's excellent! :) :) :)

4. Congratulations!!! xx

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well one and congratulations.
    Particularly
    you deserve it. 'Good things come to those who wait'.
    Looking forward to seeing Theo post your shiny star.
    Meanwhile go celebrate.
    [​IMG]

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Oh wow! Congratualtions[​IMG]! After 19 interviews, you really deserve this! What a lovely early Christmas present! x

7. Thanks you guys I still can't believe it! Meeting MY CLASS tomorrow. :) hope we hear some more good news soon!

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I don't know - I'm out of the house for a day (on supply) and look what happens - successful job interviews!!!!
    I'm thrilled for you - well done and ...

Good luck in your new job!
    [​IMG]

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Hope you are doing all this - the advice is really important ***
    You must be feeling SO pleased to have a job, and will be able to get the start of induction under your belt. Reception, too - lovely!
    P.S. Interflora has called on the Flowers thread . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

10. Thanks Theo, I'm still overwhelmed by it all! Seams surreal at the moment but going in this afternoon to visit my class then attending staff meeting after school! Hopefully by then it will have started to sink in :) thanks again to EVERYONE on here for the advice, support and encouragement.

11. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Congratulations!

12. Well I've met my class :D and the staff at school and it's still not quite hit me yet lol! I'm just overwhelmed by all the info to take in and planning and assessment to get my head around but very excited too :) just to say to everyone else DON'T GIVE UP! it will happen :)

13. n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-ineteen! You deserve every success in your new job- all the very best and congratulations [​IMG]

14. Thanks spatel :) yes I know 19 didn't think I'd ever get one!