1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sunshine1002, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I am much more of a lurker than a poster on here but would like to say a huge THANK-YOU for all the great advice I have found on this site! Without it I certainly wouldn't have continued with teaching after a bad experience training and I wouldn't have been offered a job last week and be starting my NQT year in Jan!
    For anyone who hasn't already, do follow the advice on creating mind-maps for interview preparation, instead of rehearsing answers to hundreds of questions that probably won't be asked. Helped me to realise just how much I have to offer a school and gave me such confidence to perform well throughout the interview day. I also found the advice on mentally preparing three or four points about yourself to get across in the interview very valuable- enabled me to give the most confident, 'you'll be missing out if you don't employ me' answer when the panel asked if I had anything else to add to support my application!
    Best of luck to everyone job hunting. Read the advice, believe in yourself and really show off what you've got to offer!

2. I am much more of a lurker than a poster on here but would like to say a huge THANK-YOU for all the great advice I have found on this site! Without it I certainly wouldn't have continued with teaching after a bad experience training and I wouldn't have been offered a job last week and be starting my NQT year in Jan!
    For anyone who hasn't already, do follow the advice on creating mind-maps for interview preparation, instead of rehearsing answers to hundreds of questions that probably won't be asked. Helped me to realise just how much I have to offer a school and gave me such confidence to perform well throughout the interview day. I also found the advice on mentally preparing three or four points about yourself to get across in the interview very valuable- enabled me to give the most confident, 'you'll be missing out if you don't employ me' answer when the panel asked if I had anything else to add to support my application!
    Best of luck to everyone job hunting. Read the advice, believe in yourself and really show off what you've got to offer!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well done and congratulations!
    [​IMG]
    What an endorsement for all Theo's fantastic advice (and Middlemarch on the mind map of course) on this forum.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Congratulations Sunshine! [​IMG]
    Celebrate! [​IMG]

5. Yay congrats, :)

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratulations Sunshine[​IMG] xx