1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Carolin82, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Hi Theo and everyone,

I haven't posted loads on here but I've read plenty of very good advice on all sorts of topics within the "Jobseekers" area.

I've finally landed a great job at a very nice school in the NE as MFL teacher starting on Monday after half-term and I'm really exited about it.

Don't give up!!

Wishing all of the jobseeker good luck and all the best!

2. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

3. Please ignore the typos - I've had some red wine [​IMG]

4. Wahey, well done! I'm also starting my (first) job right after half-term and I'm delighted but simultaneously terrified! What are you doing to prepare? I'm not sure where to begin! xx

5. Oh cool, congrats! And: Good question... it is an outstanding school with very high expectations and very well-behaved students. Have already been there all day today and gathered SoW for all my groups and I also know where each group should be at this moment in time. But I still need to think about a few "ice breaker" activities so they get to know me (better) and vice versa. In addition to that, I am supervising a PGCE student who is taking 2 of my groups - and I am only an NQT now! And then getting an overview over the assessment periods and daily routines etc.....
    But first of all I am going to York for a nice 2-night stay!
    What's your subject?

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow, a job and MFL! Keep 'flying the flag' for languages.
    Congratulations. Go celebrate! [​IMG]

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I put some ideas here-says 'revision' but ore in terms of beginning of term revision/assessment activity.
    <h3>Find someone who . . revision activity
    </h3>

8. Well, that all sounds ship-shape and ready for the off! I'm primary. Because of the job I've just left, I was only able to get up to the new school for an afternoon to say hello to the kids before they went swimming and to get a class list, get dates in diary, etc. Everyone seems SO relaxed so I suppose I just have to trust them that it;ll be okay, but my classroom is not finished and I don't know what work they've covered in this first half-term LOL so eek! [​IMG] x

9. Thanks! That's looking really good especially as I have plenty of Y7 and 8 groups!! Perfect. x

10. Well done on the job!

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]

I am just delighted that you got the job. Lurkers are allowed to be successful too!
    Now go and read this thread - and then bump it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .

Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Lot of very depressed people - so let's remind'em that recently a load of you got jobs.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

13. I know, I used to be one of them - I really felt useless and it cost me quite a bit to think positively again after each rejection (or not hearing back at all...).
    I wish everyone the best of luck and energy to keep going as the day will come, I'm sure about this!!