1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, May 26, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow, Bobby_Carrot.
    Yes time for celebrations! I hear the corks popping now![​IMG] (Not champagne probably or if so the cheap sort but nevertheless. . .!)
    I know you've been looking for a while & it;s even better that it's
    I wish you all the very best for Sept.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bobby C, you're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    Best of luck for that dream job!_____________________________________________________________
    TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

3. Well done - I always read your posts with interest. Hopefully I'll get new job soon. Contract finishes on 31st August.

4. Funnily enough Bobby, after having visited 5 or 6 schools I got a NQT job in a school that I hadn't visited either! I got a much more relaxed vibe from them as well. Perhaps this is the way forward!

5. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Yay - well done! I have also been watching your posts and am glad you have got a job! Do you know which year group yet?

6. Well done Bobby!

7. Huge congratulations to you!

8. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Well done Bobby Carrot! I've been reading your posts too. Good luck with it!

9. Yes Year 3/4 Really pleased with this as I was starting to feel I was being pigeon holed into upper KS2 and that isn't great for progression.

10. Well done [​IMG] So nice to read this.

11. I think one aspect of the interview that really sold this school to me was that they gave all candidates most of the interview questions 10 mins prior to going into the hotseat. I wasn;t long but long enough to job down bullet points and organise your thinking so that you weren't on the spot. It was so much less pressure and the same for everyone - perhaps more schools would get better from candidates if this approach was common practice.
    Although I did like one of their unseen questions about teaching being unpredictable with things happening out of the blue so what would you bring to the role to help you with this? (Or something along those lines) LOL

12. Congratulations!

I hope I can come back soon with such great news.

Could you tell us how you answered that question? it's an interesting one!