1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo.....I got the job!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by BelleDuJour, Mar 31, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yay for me!
    Theo, I have just landed my dream job. Teaching GCSE and A level biology in a small, independent school. OMG I am so happy!!!!
    I followed what I learnt on the seminar. Did my personal statement like on the seminar, I did an executive statement, I studied your interview tips.
    I was told my application on paper was excellent.
    I was told I interviewed very well.
    I was told they think I have so much to offer the school and will fit in perfectly.
    I am so happy!
    Makes a change from ticking all the boxes (and then some) then being told 'other candidates <strike>were cheaper </strike>were more suited to our requirements'
    Thank you Theo......thank you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!

[​IMG]
    I knew you would do it!

[​IMG]
    All that winking at me in the Job Seminar has paid off!

[​IMG]

I couldn't be more thrilled if I had got the job myself!

Now send me a PM to say what school it is, to see if I know anything more about it. It sounds a great job for you from what you say.
    And a final one for luck:
    [​IMG]

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, congratulations BelleDuJour!
    You really deserve all those sparkly stars.
    Gives hope to all posters who are a 'tad on the expensive end'.
    Have a really happy career!

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Yes, it gives us all hope and I was on the verge of sticking two fingers up to the whole shebang!
    Theo, I have been celebrating in the company of a nice chilled pink Bollinger so will PM you tomorrow when I can remember all the details but I KNOW it wouldn't have happened without the seminar input!
    [​IMG]

5. Huge congratulations Belle! Been following your jobhunt for a while and am so so pleased for you. You definitely deserve all those twinkly stars and, if I knew how to do it, I'd add some myself!
    Good luck for the future - keep us posted on how it goes

[​IMG]

6. soooooo pleased for you! congratulations, well done! Has really cheered me up!

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Excellent news. Very pleased for you.