1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mulah, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    Thanks for your advice earlier this term when I started applying for jobs. I had an interview today and was offered the post - a step up the ladder and a fab new school! Since all your application tips clearly worked, any suggestions for the resignation letter? ;)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations Mulah.![​IMG]

3. Thanks, Lara. Am sprawled on the sofa with a takeaway - will worry about the current job tomorrow, and the new one when Year 11 leave in May!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!

Dear Mr Griff
    I wish to tender my resignation as Teacher of History in Greengages School with effect from 1st September 2011, in order to take up a post as Head of Department in Grungy Green School.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the opportunities for personal and professional development, both formal and informal, which have made this progression possible. It is with regret that I shall leave such a superb group of colleagues who have taught me so much and provided invaluable support.
    Yours sincerely
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me in on Saturday 2 April.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. Thanks for the letter suggestion ... and the star, which has made me very proud!