1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job, and I hadn't made the 1st shortlist!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mujeralborde, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I was contacted at the last minute for an interview, after one of the other shortlisted candidates pulled out. I got my lesson together very quickly and had a great day at the school and really liked everything on offer, and the feel of the staff and department. I had 3 interviews, a lesson, tour and departmental lunch - then all of the candidates were sent away while the school deliberated. The Head called me on my way home to say that they were unanimous and it had taken them 30 seconds to decide on me! I can't wait to start and call it "my" school. Thank you, Theo, for all of your advice and pointers (and multilingual repartee), and good luck to all of the other jobsearchers. I thought I would be the underdog having not made the 1st cut, and felt sure I wouldn't get the job, so it just goes to show...

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Felictaciones mujeralborde! ( Your clin d'oeil doesn't fit so well now?)
    You're not the first person to have this happen- many years ago a golleague failed to gain an interview but on the day when another candidate pulled out was called at short notice(mainly being local could get there in time) & also got the job - for a Deputy Head!
    Was it state or independant in the end?

3. well done!!!! :D

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    You must be feeling soooooo good about this. You have really pulled off a great coup there. All that remains is the excitement of getting prepared to start.
    And leraning how to put paragraphs on in the TES Forum.
    [​IMG]
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. It is an independent school - so it will be a full work load but I will be doing lots of things that I will enjoy, clubs that I am interested in and more lesson planning and marking, so I am pleased. I got a really good feel about the school.

Thanks everyone.

And yes, I am considering my next TES identity...
    As for the paragraphs - is there a way around that on a Mac?

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't think so!
    [​IMG]

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

7. Ah ha! I'll try that - thanks for the tip!

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good luck with that! [​IMG]