1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo ...I got that job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by we-are-all-in-it-for-the, Nov 12, 2015.

1. we-are-all-in-it-for-the

we-are-all-in-it-for-the New commenter

Many thanks Theo for all your advice. I have just accepted a super duper new job. The school is in special measures, lots of work to do but has a fantastic buzz about it. I can't wait to join the team!

midnight_angel likes this.
  2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Congratulations from me too.
    Fantastic news.:D

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's really good to hear about someone excited to be appointed to a new school and one in SM.
    May you learn much and give much in that new school.
    [​IMG]

5. TubaSteve

TubaSteve New commenter

Hi. Lara encouraged me to come to this thread to announce that after 24 years of teaching Secondary music I've finally managed to make the jump to Primary. Lots of applications. Deep wading through KS2 curriculum resources and general hard graft preparation and I have successfully been offered a year 3/4 post in a little yet very quaint primary in deepest Lincolnshire. I think this proves, to all those out there searching for a job they desire rather than one they put up with, that it can be done. I'm excited and petrified at the same time. Looking forward to being a primary teacher more than I can say.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

To be strictly accurate @TubaSteve I encouraged you to
    'start a new thread, entitled Dear Theo I Got the Job',
    not just tack such exciting news on to the back of someone else's thread.
    Then as you see others can have opportunity to congratulate you.

It's almost an 'institution' started years back by the forum expert TheoGriff, which those of us fortunate enough to have benefitted from her very good advice can have an opportunity to encourage others in their job searches.
    She doesn't always 'come back' to an answered thread and you need your very own 'shiny TheoGriff star!