1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I got that job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by clear_air, May 1, 2012.

1. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Dear All,
    I can't quite believe that I got the job I had an interview for today, thank you so much for your good advice. I thought I'd blown it by going off into waffle land, but it seems that I didn't - and they loved my music lesson! (there was a bit of a meercat moment when I told the children that I was going to teach them to read music, but I thought, what the heck! They want to see me teaching them something new!). Now I'm going to wait for my official letter in the post, make sure I have decent hours, and hopefully not have to go through it all again for a while!!
    Thanks again, all - he advice on here is worth it's weight in gold.

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Dear All,
    I can't quite believe that I got the job I had an interview for today, thank you so much for your good advice. I thought I'd blown it by going off into waffle land, but it seems that I didn't - and they loved my music lesson! (there was a bit of a meercat moment when I told the children that I was going to teach them to read music, but I thought, what the heck! They want to see me teaching them something new!). Now I'm going to wait for my official letter in the post, make sure I have decent hours, and hopefully not have to go through it all again for a while!!
    Thanks again, all - he advice on here is worth it's weight in gold.

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done Clear air, that's EXCELLENT news [​IMG]

4. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Congratulations!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's an excellent start to the week, with such good news on the job front!
    So, congratulations! They obviously were impressed by the children's enthusiasm and your ambition for the children. Just what we need in a teacher!
    [​IMG]
    Time to celebrate!
    [​IMG]

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wow, that-s just great! Really great!

But the bad news is that . . .

No star !

This is because I am currently on a titchy mobile unit Chez TheoGriff Snr and I haven't managed to master the technology to post a star. I'll get it to you in a day or two.

Meanwhile, see if you can find the thread about what to do now you've got a job offer.
    Posted from my Galaxy Tab

7. Well done you. I received my official letter yesterday and can't stop reading it! Wishing you all the best x

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wannabe - hope you are following the advice in the thread about What to do now you have a job offer.

Can't post a link as I'm not in control of this device . :-(

Posted from my flipping Galaxy Tab

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Thanls all! Am still a little amazed and trying not to be anxious that everything will be ok with hours and travel times ect...! But I'm sure it'll all work out.
    I shall certainly be checking out official-dom regarding letters and contracts, and not letting anything slip by me!!
    Hope everyone else gets sorted - and the right person in the right place. Nothing like being the square peg in a round hole [​IMG]
    Right, now, anyone for [​IMG]?!

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Oh clear_air - I'm so pleased for you!
    Been out, so only just seen your post with the good news.
    Congratulations!
    - Yes please! Drinks all round!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    marlin x

11. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

Fantastic news, really well done!

12. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Clear Air!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    We are always pleased to hear of a success - but we'll miss that blue mushroom!
    Best wishes

13. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Aw, shucks! I like it on job seekers, so I'll probably hang around!

14. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Me too. To both points!
    Best wishes