1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got that job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by GTP-er, Feb 25, 2012.

1. At the risk of over-blowing my own trumpet, I got the job [​IMG]
    It's another inner-London school and is with responsibility for assessment (exactly the same as now but with a rather different style of leadership). I'm expensive and part-time (4 days) but am looking forward to be somewhere I'm wanted.
    Selection process involved a 25 minute lesson, a pen and paper data analysis task and the interview itself.
    [​IMG]

2. At the risk of over-blowing my own trumpet, I got the job [​IMG]
    It's another inner-London school and is with responsibility for assessment (exactly the same as now but with a rather different style of leadership). I'm expensive and part-time (4 days) but am looking forward to be somewhere I'm wanted.
    Selection process involved a 25 minute lesson, a pen and paper data analysis task and the interview itself.
    [​IMG]

3. Oooh, huzzah! Congratulations!

4. Congrats. :)

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think we can allow it under the circumstances. Even better when you are expensive. Sounds a great move for you.
    Go celebrate.
    [​IMG]

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, GTP-er!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    How can you over-blow the trumpet with news like this! A permanent part-time post high up the scale - sounds like a dream offer - and YOU got it, YOU earned it!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com