1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got that job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ceribannister, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Had an interview for a Year 5 maternity cover yesterday and I got the job [​IMG]

The class teacher is very heavily pregnant, so I'm going in all of next week to get to know the class and see how things are done, and then taking over a week Monday! All a bit overwhelming as it's happened so suddenly but I am really looking forward to it. And should be able to finish off my NQT induction which is great.

Thankyou to everyone on the forums for all your help and words of wisdom. I will miss having a reason to log on to jobseekers so will probably still be lurking around seeing how everyone else is getting on! [​IMG]

2. Had an interview for a Year 5 maternity cover yesterday and I got the job [​IMG]

The class teacher is very heavily pregnant, so I'm going in all of next week to get to know the class and see how things are done, and then taking over a week Monday! All a bit overwhelming as it's happened so suddenly but I am really looking forward to it. And should be able to finish off my NQT induction which is great.

Thankyou to everyone on the forums for all your help and words of wisdom. I will miss having a reason to log on to jobseekers so will probably still be lurking around seeing how everyone else is getting on! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, congratulations ceribannister!
    I know it's only maternity cover, but will provide regular employment and income but most importantly allow you to finish NQT year and be with children in a classroom.
    Will look out for your posts on the Primary forum,, but do pop in and see others successes here from time to time.
    Time to celebrate![​IMG]

4. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done[​IMG]! Finishing your NQT will be great too! x

5. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

Congratulations! [​IMG] Sometimes a quick start is good because you don't have time to start stressing.
    Don't disappear though - now you have to keep posting us 'don't give up' messages until we get there too!

6. Congratulations! Hope you'll love it, and it's great you can finish your induction. Well done.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now go and read this thread - and then bump it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    Starting so soon - wonderful.
    Well done again!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars