1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I got that job and I can't wait to get started!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mrfussy, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mrfussy

mrfussy New commenter

After over 30 applications in 18 months I got the job I wanted.
    Don't give up - you MUST keep going and it will happen!
    Thanks again Theo!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]

There you are - it is possible, even if you are really fussy . . .
    Now go and read this thread - and then bump it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Good for you. It must feel fantastic.
    Your point is in many ways echoed by a thread on one of the other forums where someone has complained that they've made over 30 applications and had only one response. There have been some comments that most schools are receiving such a large number of applications these days that decent feedback to unsuccessful applicants is impossible, mostly because it would consist of 'We just had hundreds of applications...'
    Many of those trying desperately to get jobs aren't any less good a teacher than the lucky ones who are getting interviews and appointments - so though it feels soul-destroying at times, keep going!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Hopefully you'll revisit this thread Middlemarch, but thank you for all your encouragement, esecially as we appreciate you are very busy with your job.

5. Well done!! There is hope for us still jobseeking then! Perseverance appears to be the name of the game, so keep going everyone. WE WILL GET A JOB IN THE END!!

6. Does that apply to teachers on UPS 3 like me or NQTs though???

7. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done Mr Fussy[​IMG]