1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I got started!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aliciablanco, May 12, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    I found a job I really want to get so I began planning exactly how I was going to complete the application. (I wrote some steps)
    I have now spent a couple of hours learning about the school as they have a website that takes you through the history of the school, inspection reports, extra-curricular activities, links with the community...etc. I took some notes as I was reading so I could try to make reference to those aspects when I write my Personal statement
    My plan is now with the job description, my notes and a couple of the personal statements I have used before I write a new statement for this particular application. Does this sound OK?
    I have a little question though. There is not Person Specification in the actual application pack, do I put together my Executive Summary using the job description?
    I can do this, I know I can.
    Gracias de nuevo por tu ayuda!

Alicia

2. Dear Theo,
    I found a job I really want to get so I began planning exactly how I was going to complete the application. (I wrote some steps)
    I have now spent a couple of hours learning about the school as they have a website that takes you through the history of the school, inspection reports, extra-curricular activities, links with the community...etc. I took some notes as I was reading so I could try to make reference to those aspects when I write my Personal statement
    My plan is now with the job description, my notes and a couple of the personal statements I have used before I write a new statement for this particular application. Does this sound OK?
    I have a little question though. There is not Person Specification in the actual application pack, do I put together my Executive Summary using the job description?
    I can do this, I know I can.
    Gracias de nuevo por tu ayuda!

Alicia

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent!
    Spot on!
    Exactly! I can see that you are getting to grips with this, Alicia. If you use the Job description, then at the very end of your letter/statement, you can write: The enclosed chart shows that I already carry out all (or is not all, write most) of the required tasks, and to a high standard.
    Best wishes