1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo ... I got an interview! Nervous!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by doctorinthetardis, Jun 16, 2012.

1. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Dear Theo,
    Hoping you can help me. I graduated two years ago and have been working overseas at an international school in Asia. I decided to return to the UK quite recently and began applying for jobs last week. I just got a phonecall to say I've been shortlisted for one of them! I almost quite can't believe it. I'm really nervous though because I haven't had a face to face interview yet; I did interview for my post overseas but via skype. So quite different I think!
    Just wondering if you have any advice for hot topics I should be quizzing up about ... I know safeguarding is a big issue, anything else that having been out of the country for almost two years I should know?
    It says the interview will last roughly half an hour. And no lesson to teach. Any other helpful advice? I think I can sell myself well and I think my CV is interesting and diverse. I am just unbelievable nervous! Any tips on keeping calm on the day would be helpful! Thank you all in advance :D

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done there!
    There are loads of people on here who will second me on that - getting an interview already is Good Going!
    Now there is loads and loads of help on this forum.

Firstly go to the Welcome thread here on the
    JobSeekers Forum, and read the general advice in the two Interview clickables.

Do read this thread too :
    <font size="3" color="#0000ff">Safeguarding and Child Protection - the
    questions, NOT the answers.</font>
    <font size="3"> </font>

These should give you the basic tips and
    advice for really showcasing all your skills in that interview.
    <font size="3">
    </font>
    <font size="3">Presumably you were still here when AfL started up? Are there any sucject specification changes that you should be thinking about? Have you thought how your overseas experience could be of direct benefit to the school?</font>
    <font size="3">You might also like to remind yourself of this:</font>
    <font face="Arial" size="3">End of contract and applying for a post in the UK for September?</font>

Best wishes - we look forward to you following our tradition of starting a brand-new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Goodness me - just look at that!