1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got an interview but...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by butterfly1206, Feb 25, 2012.

1. butterfly1206

butterfly1206 New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I am extremely pleased I followed all of your advice and have an interview from my first ever job application [​IMG].
    However, it says to keep the whole day free on the day of the interview (the lesson is the day before) and this clashes with a compulsory lecture I have to attend to pass part of the PGCE course. This isnt until 2pm and I was wondering how to get around this issue?
    Regards,
    Butterfly1206

2. butterfly1206

Dear Theo,
    I am extremely pleased I followed all of your advice and have an interview from my first ever job application [​IMG].
    However, it says to keep the whole day free on the day of the interview (the lesson is the day before) and this clashes with a compulsory lecture I have to attend to pass part of the PGCE course. This isnt until 2pm and I was wondering how to get around this issue?
    Regards,
    Butterfly1206

3. Contact your provider. Our uni expects that at this stage in the course, everyone will miss things, be that lectures, seminars or placement, because we're all job hunting. Your uni should have something in place

4. butterfly1206

Thanks, I have e-mailed the lecturer to see if I can have a one-to-one at a different time so we shall wait and see!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent news, Butterfly, you have done very well!
    And good advice from Alli.
    Now make sure that you re-read the interview advice, and be ready to:
    (a) wow'em
    (b) write that new thread Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com