1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I got a PERMANENT job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Jun 15, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

[​IMG] (It might snap)!! I WAS going to post this y'day on the forum, but then lots, and lots and lots of people rang me, until about 2 in the morning, and I get up at 5 to catch the bus - it's a very long journey.

ANYWAY [​IMG].
    As you all know, I went for my interview in Wales. Managed to bring the wrong suit to start with it's a good job I've lost some weight[​IMG]!
    Then the next day I had had 1 missed phone call - but no message. I was still at work, and we don't always have signal. Then they phoned me again, and I couldn't answer phone because touch screen wouldn't work. Tried to phone back but number engaged. I thought oh well never mind, and thought that at least they were bothering to phone back with feedback as the other two places had just written a letter.
    I got a phone call later. THEN the head offered me the job[​IMG] - YAY!!! After almost 7 years of struggling and nothing!! It hasn't sunk in properly yet!!!!!
    It's in a lovely independent school [​IMG].
    Thank you SO much to everyone on this forum for putting up with me, and especially to Theo and Lara [​IMG]

2. LucSki

LucSki New commenter

I LOVE this story and I am going to hotlist it and read it at the start of every day that I do my applications.
    I am so so soooo pleased for you.. you now have me crying for another reason!!
    PLEASE go out and have a lot of fun tonight.. do NOT do any school work tomorrow have a day to feel happy and smug and proud and everything else you should be feeling and that the rest of us strive for!!
    Please don't completely leave us on ths forum.. we will miss you to much!
    Lucski x x

3. manuscript2007

manuscript2007 New commenter

A massive well done!!!! Hope I can be as lucky as you soon x

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, been SO waiting for this post!
    So we have
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to celebrate this much awaited post for someone who SO deserves it!
    LOVE this idea "I LOVE this story and I am going to hotlist it and read it at the start of every day that I do my applications." from LucSki too.

5. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

HOORAY!!!!!!

I'm so pleased for you Welshie. Well done. Start planning your escape, it will make the last 5 weeks pass quickly.

6. Lara mfl 05

Allmost forgot (had numerous pages bookmarked last night in preparation)
    [​IMG]
    a truckload of chocolate to keep you going till the end of term at your present school.
    And later/tomorrow there'll be that much coveted shiny star when Theo's next able to post.

7. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best!

8. Hurrah! Well done and how exciting!
    [​IMG]

9. CONGRATULATIONS!
    I came on this forum thinking "I wonder if Weshie got that job" as I'm no longer job hunting. I'm so glad you did! About time too!
    [​IMG]

10. Curae

Curae Star commenter

Well done. How could such a lovely person not be offered a job. Your pupils are about to have a wonderful fun teacher. They are really lucky.
    I am so pleased for you.
    Please don't stop being part of this forum. I love the way you express your experiences. When you were down you still had a great sense of humour.
    I wish you the very best of luck with your career
    Love
    Cris

11. Lara mfl 05

So 'welshie' when you feel all the vibrations, it's because so many people are jumping for joy!
    [​IMG]
    Might even do this, next time I go up a mountain in Wales.
    [​IMG]

12. welshchocoholic1

Thank you SO much for all your congratulations[​IMG]!
    Theo - Thank you SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for my lovely sparkly star [​IMG]. NEVER thought I'd get one of these for a permanent TEACHING job!!! P.S What is the other picture of? It says on y computer hypnosis for my MP3
    Theo is LOVELY

13. welshchocoholic1

D'oh - clicked before I meant to!
    Not sure what other picture is. I can't see it on my screen properly [​IMG]!
    Theo is <u>THE</u> kindest, most helpful man in the WHOLE world. I LOVE Theo[​IMG].
    Wish I had followed your advice 6/7 years ago [​IMG]!

Listen to Theo. His advice works [​IMG]! Also bought the Pimp your lesson book!

14. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Sorry this is a bit belated, but congratulations, Welshie!! I am really, really happy for you. We all knew it was just a matter of time!
    I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!!!
    Sillow [​IMG]

15. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I've seen so many threads with you being so down on yourself that I'm delighted to see a happy ending for you - well done indeed!

16. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

Congrats, hope things keep looking up for you.

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

One of my posts got held up in the Moderation Queue because it was so full of pictures. It has now been allowed through and can be viewed.
    So, Young Welshie, go back and look at posts 12, 13 and 14 . . .
    Best wishes

18. welshchocoholic1

19. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

Blimey, I'm not on this forum for one or two days and MAJOR NEWS BREAKS OUT!!!

I am not looking for a job anymore but come on JOBSEEKERS exclusively to find out what is happening with you- that's how compelling your story has become! You could have your own show!

So pleased for you-especially since it is a permanent job IN WALES and that you can tell your current school that, actually, that's just FINE about the interviews, because you won't be needing any more time off anyway because a school wants to employ you PERMANENTLY.

Thread of the year in my book. Hope you can hear me cheering!!!!![​IMG]