1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Feb 7, 2012.

1. SO happy right now.

One of my agencies put me forward for a local school (which has got a fairly good reputation) and I went in today to meet the other members of staff have a bit of a chat/brief interview.

Been offered work for at least three weeks, whilst the teacher I cover for has an operation, with the potential for it to be extended!

So, it's goodbye NEXT, and hello teaching career (sort of)!

(On a complete aside, during my PGCE year my second placement school was AWFUL. I had an incredibly tough time there and my confidence took a real knock. At the time I took this up with the school (my mentors) and my university only to be told that basically I was being silly and that it was a good school. Anyway, in their latest OFSTED the school got an inadequate and is now in special measures! Oh how I wish I could rub this in someone's face non anonymously, but that, of course, would be unprofessional. BOOOOOO)

2. SO happy right now.

One of my agencies put me forward for a local school (which has got a fairly good reputation) and I went in today to meet the other members of staff have a bit of a chat/brief interview.

Been offered work for at least three weeks, whilst the teacher I cover for has an operation, with the potential for it to be extended!

So, it's goodbye NEXT, and hello teaching career (sort of)!

(On a complete aside, during my PGCE year my second placement school was AWFUL. I had an incredibly tough time there and my confidence took a real knock. At the time I took this up with the school (my mentors) and my university only to be told that basically I was being silly and that it was a good school. Anyway, in their latest OFSTED the school got an inadequate and is now in special measures! Oh how I wish I could rub this in someone's face non anonymously, but that, of course, would be unprofessional. BOOOOOO)

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So that's sorted till Easter then? (Or is this a different one?)
    Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS that you've gained a teaching job! You must have been just what they were looking for. So celebrations are in order!
    [​IMG]

4. It's the same one that I spoke about in my post yesterday, but for a shorter time period initially than the agency said (no surprise there then)! It from after half term for about three weeks (at the moment).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Excellent news :) Well done!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, ShinyShinyStar! The PERFECT name for getting a Sparkly star!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! *** I know that you are not a beginner at this employment lark, Shiny Shiny, but even you may have forgotten the details of what to do.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

7. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Excellent news! Really pleased for you x

8. It's always good to hear of someone securing a job. Well done!

9. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Woohoo congratulations Shiny shiny Star [​IMG] x

10. The lovely teacher forwarded me all the schemes of work and power points and things which she already has (so I'm pretty free to just sort of adapt them a bit and deliver them).

I'm actually kind of excited to have a SoW!!! (I appreciate how very sad that makes me sound).

11. Well done! :)
    Can totally relate to the part about the last placement. Perhaps gloat in your head though? ;)

12. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Excellent news! Always good to hear of people getting work - gives me hope.
    Have a drink or two ... [​IMG]

13. Yes, I have been gloating in my head (unfortunately it doesn't give quite the same satisfaction)!