1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1369, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I was on the verge of giving up teaching before I had even begun and had a 'normal job' interview lined up for next week. Today was my final shot at getting a teaching job to do my NQT year and I got it!
    I qualified this time last year and have been job seeking for 18 months without luck, today was my 8th interview and it just felt 'right' and I felt so relaxed.
    Better still it's permanant!!! Only thing is it involves a 40 mile commute each way which is going to cost me a lot of petrol, money and time but at least it will get my NQT year done and more!
    Still in complete and utter shock. To all those still looking, don't give up, miracles can happen. Good luck

2. Well done! [​IMG]
    There is hope for the rest of us!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    After all that anguish here on the Forum, CC, I am really pleased for you.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh,well done CrazyChemist. You've worked hard for that!
    Obviously, relaxing works.
    The 40 mile commute might give you time to 'unwind' and on the positive, you probably won't bump into students in your free time.
    Yes it will be costly, but possibly no more than supply and you know you've a regular income coming to pay for it.
    Congratulations again!

5. Well done :)

6. Wow, well done! Great hearing news like this and you deserve it after all that time job hunting! Also, I did a 40 mile each way commute this year and it's not too bad - think audio books!

7. Wow! Obviously you were not meant to give up on teaching - well done!

8. Thank you all soooo much. My head is still spinning, I couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about how the day went, and what things I need to prepare and other stuff I need to do. I finally got to sleep and slept right through after a long long day, but upon waking my head is buzzing again.
    I really need to get myself organised pronto! Hopefully the commute won't be too bad, I looked at public transport but that would be more effort/time/money than driving so I may as well drive. I will have to invest in a good number of audiobooks! Might consider moving a bit closer but I'm letting the news sink in first.
    I never realised I would feel this elated after being offered a job. I'm a bit worried about not living up to the school's expectations though!
    Wishing you all the very best. I'll still be checking this forum regularly [​IMG]

9. Well done, CC!