1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I got a job!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by harriet13, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    Thank you for all the helpful advice you post on these forums. I checked out all of your advice to secure my NQT job. I have received the formal offer letter stating a 'permanent class teacher post effect from 1st September 2011', 'subject to...' which has all been sorted (I have taken in medical questionnaire and CRB documents) and I have formally accepted in writing.
    I was just wondering, what next? I don't want to bug them but I'm really excited and haven't been officially told my year group, it was advertised as KS1/Lower KS2, even though the office manager said she had class lists in her draw when I took in my CRB documents. The Head mentioned me attending an Open Evening to meet the parents and a morning to spend with my class on the phone when I was offered the job but this has not been confirmed. I also informally met my NQT mentor as she was in the office when I took in my documents, they all seem to know about me but I haven't received details yet. Am I getting ahead of myself? It has been just over a month since I was offered the job.
    Thank you in advance for your help,
    Harriet

2. Sorry have just realised I posted in the wrong place, have reposted in Jobseekers. Harriet

3. Congratulations. I'm sure Theo is thrilled.