1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got a job - just not teaching

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Permanent part time post at Asda (Tesco Boo hiss) which I will use to hold out for that permanent teaching job. Don't know if you have seen my other post but am also doing MSc Environmental Health - a job I used to do many years ago and (teaching included) the job I have enjoyed most

2. Permanent part time post at Asda (Tesco Boo hiss) which I will use to hold out for that permanent teaching job. Don't know if you have seen my other post but am also doing MSc Environmental Health - a job I used to do many years ago and (teaching included) the job I have enjoyed most

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

WooHoo Supplyslave!
    We know it's not teaching <u>but</u> it is a job, which will help restore your self-confidence and give you money in your wallet, so you don't have this constant concern about how to pay the bills. You'll be able to use this experience when you do get that teaching job and understand so much better children from disadvantaged homes.
    The MSc sounds good for confidence boosting too. So in lieu of Theo who's technically on holiday here's your temporary star for now
    [​IMG]

4. WOOP! It is a good feeling when you know you'll have some sort of job/income, even if it's not necessarily teaching.

Today my one of my managers at work (at Next) told me that I don't have to work Boxing Day AND that they're keeping me on after Xmas! Made my day.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, SS!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]

You must be feeling SO pleased to have a job that is actually not Tesco (boo, Hiss), and can now relax over the next few days.
    Haven't seen other post - what do you mean, doing MSc Env H - how can MSc be a job? Am I being thick this morning?
    I am on my hols and not supposed to be here, but couldn't resist this one.
    Very, very best wishes to you, SS!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratualtions Supply Slave[​IMG] x

7. Well I wouldn't say thick Theo - too much brandy in the brandy sauce maybe. I would hope to get a job in Env Health after completing the MSc.

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thick, deffo thick, that's me!
    :(
    Best of luck
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars