1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I found the elusive permanent job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by catherine_ann, Feb 18, 2012.

1. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

For those of you who have not read my story, I qualified in July 2009 as a secondary science teacher and completed my nqt at my placement school on a 1 year temporary contract. During my pgce, nqt and beyond I attended 18 unsuccessful interviews.

Whilst on supply from September 2011 I continued to apply for jobs and was finally successful and appointed on a temporary contract for two terms from Jan-Aug 2012. On taking up my position I found that there were two vacancies for September 2012, so I decided to apply.

There were 10 candidates for the jobs, split over two days. I was in the first 5 so that meant waiting to hear the result, from Wednesday - Friday evening. But it was worth the wait! Looking forward to doing some celebrating over half term :).

Moral of the story for all those still job-seeking is you will get there in the end, your school is out there somewhere!!!

2. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

For those of you who have not read my story, I qualified in July 2009 as a secondary science teacher and completed my nqt at my placement school on a 1 year temporary contract. During my pgce, nqt and beyond I attended 18 unsuccessful interviews.

Whilst on supply from September 2011 I continued to apply for jobs and was finally successful and appointed on a temporary contract for two terms from Jan-Aug 2012. On taking up my position I found that there were two vacancies for September 2012, so I decided to apply.

There were 10 candidates for the jobs, split over two days. I was in the first 5 so that meant waiting to hear the result, from Wednesday - Friday evening. But it was worth the wait! Looking forward to doing some celebrating over half term :).

Moral of the story for all those still job-seeking is you will get there in the end, your school is out there somewhere!!!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Catherine Ann!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    You must have produced a superb application, and then backed it up with a stunning interview - and above all, have really impressed them during your supply time.
    So now you're all settled! And even better - your half term hasn't yet begun - many people are finishing theirs . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh absolutely fantastic, you certainly deserve to shout it out loud
    [​IMG]
    After 18 interviews hat brings heart to everyone else so thanks.

5. Many congrats. :)

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratuations Catherine Ann [​IMG]!
    [​IMG]