1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo. I didn't get the job....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lunar546, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Lunar546

Lunar546 Occasional commenter

Sadly. I need to phone for feedback on Monday.

Thanks for your advice though. I'm sure it helped get me as far as I did.

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

I am so sorry.
    Chin up! Onwards and upwards for the next application; don't give up.

3. Lunar546

Thank you. Having a wallow in self pity and drinking a large glass of wine!!

4. alla_ova

alla_ova Occasional commenter

Big hug. Once I got that "sorry but no" news on my birthday.. It was like thanks for spoiling my special day.

5. gemmamarie08

gemmamarie08 New commenter

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job:( I've been there and it's a rubbish feeling:(

Take the feedback offered and then onwards and upwards to the next application:)

I thought it would never happen for me because I get so nervous in interviews but it did happen recently and it will for you too:)

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh, how disappointing!

My advice is two fold. On Monday don't mention feedback. Ask instead what advice they have for your next application and interview. Advice will seem nicer to them that the more negative feedback.

Second advice from me:

[​IMG]

Best wishes

7. And100

And100 New commenter

It's tough when you get a knock back, but there is another job with your name written all over it. Dust yourself off and keep going. When you get your new job, it will feel a little sweeter because of what you are experiencing now. Good luck and I look forward to reading your 'I got that job' post :)

8. Lunar546

Thanks everyone for your kind words. As you say, onwards and upwards. Another application submitted.....!

Theo - that chocolate hit the spot. But I had to wash it down with a large glass of white wine