1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I didn't get the job but ....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kitkat47, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I was pipped at the post today by someone with a few more years experience. However, the head said my literacy lesson was outstanding and interview was great and they would like me to be their regular supply teacher until I do get a contracted post! So it wasn't an outright no and will give me more experience, an up to date reference and no big job history gap! It is definitely a step in the right direction .... :)

2. Oh, that's kind of disappointing but kind of ace. You clearly made them agonise! And next time a vacancy comes up, you'll be the natural choice...
    And vacancies can pop up and suprise you. I was interview by a lovely school in May for a post which began last month, and came seconddddd, and am just home from an observed lesson there today because a really good OFSTED has resulted in their numbers swelling and so they're splitting the Y3 into 3 classes. So HOPEFULLY a little bit of good luck like that will come your way soon x

3. Or someone might get pregnant! :D

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This sounds extremely promising! The Head is likely to mention you to a fellow Head who has a sudden need for a teacher too, so all sorts of things could come from it.
    Well done!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October 22nd Win that teaching job seminars - see you there!

5. You're obviously disappointed at not getting the job but the head must have been impressed with you. A case where "you came a close second" really means that.
    Well done!