1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I didn't get the job and had a rejection email

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jun 9, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Watch it!
    My avatar goes only to the neck - you cannot see my waistline.
    And I cannot easily see my toes . . .
    TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!
  2. I had an interview last month - they were full of praise for my lesson and I felt the formal interview had gone well - at the end they said they'd be calling all the interviewees with their decision either way on Thursday or Friday and even discussed what time of day was best for me (there were three different jobs going and so they were holding a lot of interviews that week).
    Anyway, I waited ...and waited and they never even bothered to phone me! Over a week later I received a standard one line rejection letter. I was so angry they could be so rude. I'd worked out for myself that I hadn't got the job Friday pm but even so they said they would call. I decided not to call for feedback because I actually don't care what they think of me because I don't want to work in a school like that. Did put me off applying for other jobs for a couple of weeks though because you put your all into these applications/lessons/interviews.
  3. Thanks for the AMAZING selection of cholcolates Theo!!

Oh Airmail, I really feel for you! That must have been devastating.
  4. I can commiserate. I applied for a job as an Education Welfare Officer at a local council. I had to take one day off work for stage one of the interview process (skills testing) and another day off for the panel interview. It was a Wed and they said they'd let me know on the Thu by phone. Nothing. Fri afternoon, I got a rejection email - no feedback. I rang and asked for some, and was told that both panel members were now on holiday and so couldn't give feedback for a full week. I insisted that I wanted some. THREE WEEKS later they called me and left a voicemail, saying if I still wanted feedback, to call them back. By this point, I could barely even remember their q's and my a's from the interview, and knew that any feedback would be utterly made-up and useless, so I never bothered. Their HR dept then had the cheek to send a 'surveymonkey' quiz asking 'How Did We do?' and asking for my feeedback on their recruitment process. I took great pleasure in telling them that their recruitment procedures were a shambles and then I ticked the 'no' box when it asked if I'd apply for any more jobs with them.