1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I did not get the Job, Ideas please!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Bobby_Carrot, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Call him. I got a job when I was in this situation and a head recommended me to another head so take the meeting :)

2. lighthouse_keeper

lighthouse_keeper New commenter

Call him - you never know what it could lead to. It's incredibly nice of him to do what he's done, as he is under no obligation to do it, so definitely follow it up! From an unsuccessful interview I got a recommendation to another school (and got a job) - there could be similar situation or indeed some work at that school. You then have a real chance to impress, which so many unsuccessful interview candidates never get to do!
    This is a great opportunity, so be brave, it is nervewracking - and don't leave it too long before you call. Good luck!!!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It is not usual for a Head to say this or offer this.
    You clearly have a lot to offer this school, and he has realised this.
    I hope that by now you have called him!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.