1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo. I did not get the job ... again..

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Msongwe, Mar 7, 2012.

1. As I have mentioned previously I have had loads of interviews. Another today ... unsuccessful! Am I like one of those people on X factor - deluded? Surely there comes a point when it is time to give up? How do I know when that time has come? I did the TES 1-2-1 coaching in January and still failing interviews. What on earth do I do next? And one school I do supply for is dropping my daily rate saying they can only afford cover supervisors and not qualified teachers any more. There is little consistency in the feedback I get after interviews.
    Any last pieces of advice very welcome.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Firstly take any feedback with a huge pinch of salt. Often it's just something to say.
    Depends on how desperate you are to continue in teaching and how much your finances simply dictate you look elsewhere at present.
    Look in a bit at our Flowers threa for a delivery especially for you.

3. If your face fits too! Unfortunately, people also judge you on your physical appearance, your presence, how you hold yourself, whether you exude confidence and whether they like you. Plain and simple! This is the way of the world!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, so dress professionally, stand up straight, smile, and make eye contact.
    But first of all, prepare well!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com