1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, (I can't believe it."I am so terrified!")

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aliciablanco, May 24, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    Remember I mentioned before that the Head of Pre-Prep at one of the schools I had applied for wanted to chat with me. Well, she still wants to chat with me but just over the phone. Should I be worried about this?
    As this is only a "chat" I really don't know what I should say....Aaaaaaaaah!!! Other candidates will have visited the school and will have probably asked questions informally face to face. Con lo charlatana que soy y I don't know what I should chat about...
    I have read EVERYTHING on the website and several times as well. I took notes and used them to type up my personal statement and ES. I feel I know everything there is to know about the school without having been in it and I can HONESTLY see myself working there. The school suits me so much and the prospects and plans within it sound super-exciting...But I am still TERRIFIED!
    What does one say during an informal chat on the phone? What doesn't one say?
    I have read all the advice on the links you posted and taken notes so I am ready for the interview stage (if I get to that stage)

HEEEEEELP!!!

Thank you!!!

Alicia

2. Dear Theo,
    Remember I mentioned before that the Head of Pre-Prep at one of the schools I had applied for wanted to chat with me. Well, she still wants to chat with me but just over the phone. Should I be worried about this?
    As this is only a "chat" I really don't know what I should say....Aaaaaaaaah!!! Other candidates will have visited the school and will have probably asked questions informally face to face. Con lo charlatana que soy y I don't know what I should chat about...
    I have read EVERYTHING on the website and several times as well. I took notes and used them to type up my personal statement and ES. I feel I know everything there is to know about the school without having been in it and I can HONESTLY see myself working there. The school suits me so much and the prospects and plans within it sound super-exciting...But I am still TERRIFIED!
    What does one say during an informal chat on the phone? What doesn't one say?
    I have read all the advice on the links you posted and taken notes so I am ready for the interview stage (if I get to that stage)

HEEEEEELP!!!

Thank you!!!

Alicia

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Alicia, no te pongas asi, que no vas a poder demostrar lo mucho que sabes y lo bien que trabajas si te pones nerviosa.
    Basically this chat is an interview . . .
    So read again the Interview Tips clickable inside the Welcome thread. Think of 3 key facts about yourself that you need to get over to her. Read MM's excellent post about mind maps
    Dear Theo and all- Get to the interview, but nerves always get the better of me. What to do?
    Te he mandado tambien un mensajito - mira arriba en tu bandeja de entrada . . .
    Best wishes

4. Dear Theo,

Un GRACIAS enorme!!!
    I must get on with it now then!!
    Ya te cuento!!!!

Alicia