1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I blanked out today

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I finally give up. Interview today and completely dried up in interview. Couldn't even think of one rational answer to the questions asked. I just waffled and left embarassed and demoralised. Didn't even wait around and got the expected NO call. Will now delete all the applications I have waiting and resign myself to a lifetime of ASDA servitudeOh how I wish I could turn the clock back to 1994 and fought for the environmental health degree.

2. I finally give up. Interview today and completely dried up in interview. Couldn't even think of one rational answer to the questions asked. I just waffled and left embarassed and demoralised. Didn't even wait around and got the expected NO call. Will now delete all the applications I have waiting and resign myself to a lifetime of ASDA servitudeOh how I wish I could turn the clock back to 1994 and fought for the environmental health degree.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

Don't give up..... take a workshop...practice interviewing......keep at it

5. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

I know how you feel. My last interview was exactly like that. [​IMG] Everything rational goes out the window. Better luck next time.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, how awful for you. Honestly it is always difficult when you've been away from the 'chalkface' for a while for anyone. There are people who regularly 'disinetgrate' just at the thought of the interview.
    They DID invite you for interview, so something must have attracted their attention. I know you feel raw just at present, but give yourself a couple of days and see how you feel then.
    Meanwhile when you've chomped your way through Theo's bar, here's something else to remind you, that YOU HAVE POTENTIAL-you just need to work at the interview part.
    [​IMG]

7. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

Supply Slave - I share your sentiments - about getting any job. I had an interview on monday for a CS and was told I was " a bit standoffish with the students - may be it was nerves" and "I didn't seem very comfortable with the students who showed me around the school" and obviously there were "stronger candiates"
    The interview later that day I messed up, though I know I wasn't really bothered about that one.
    I can seem to get interviews, but I sometimes feel I am just making up the numbers, they already know who they want.
    Strangly enough Supply Slave, I wish I had persuded the Environmental Health officer degree in the early 90s too!