1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo I am useless at interviews.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by fossilhunter, May 9, 2011.

1. Dear Theo, please help, I just go to pieces at interviews!
    I only got my last job because the Head of the school was good friends with the Head of a school I had just finished a maternity cover at, and he told her that I would be hopeless at the interview but to give me a chance as I was an excellent teacher.
    I have since had to leave that job due to family bereavement and I feel as if I will never get a job if I have to have an interview for it. I have tried taking calm's, relaxing techniques, going over my lesson out loud before I get there, I just go to pieces and I get so annoyed with myself because I know I am I good teacher, I am just not able to show it at interview.

Please can you help,
    Fossilhunter

2. Fossil, i too have had severe nervousness regarding interviews but attending theos seminar really empowered me. Trust me, if i can pull it off, then u can too. Just found out i didnt get the job from last week but thankfully, it was nothing to do with my interview... instead, i have good reasons to think the reasons given for not getting it, was a matter of nit picking....i am feeling good anyway...after all i am so much better at selling myself that the feeling of defeat is nowhere near...