1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo I am embarrassed

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ethnic, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Dear Theo

Happy Easter!

I have been shortlisted for an interview for a Head of Department position which will commence September 2012. I am very surprised that I have been shortlisted for a number of reasons: 1). I have been unemployed for almost 2 years now 2). I have just spotted 2 spelling mistakes on the letter of application 3.) I addressed the letter of application to the former Head instead of the current Head who started in 2010. This is very embarrassing I know and I am beating myself over it. My question is should I email the Head and apologies ore should I just leave it and not draw attention to it?

Many thanks in advance.

Ethnic

2. Dear Theo

Happy Easter!

I have been shortlisted for an interview for a Head of Department position which will commence September 2012. I am very surprised that I have been shortlisted for a number of reasons: 1). I have been unemployed for almost 2 years now 2). I have just spotted 2 spelling mistakes on the letter of application 3.) I addressed the letter of application to the former Head instead of the current Head who started in 2010. This is very embarrassing I know and I am beating myself over it. My question is should I email the Head and apologies ore should I just leave it and not draw attention to it?

Many thanks in advance.

Ethnic

3. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Well done on the interview. I'm not Theo - I'm much less qualified to answer! However, I would say don't worry about it - you're application was obviously perfect in other ways and demonstrated that you have all the qualities they need to fill the position! I have just secured an interview for a subject leader position, and I have been unemployed/sporadically employed as supply for almost 2 years too! We obviously have the skills and experience they are looking for. Good luck to us! [​IMG]

4. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Bleughhhh...*your* - I hate grammatical errors [​IMG].

5. Thank you msmuse that is encouraging and well done to you too!

6. J2J

J2J

Well done ethnic and msmuse. It's encouraging for me too as I have been unemployed for 2 years or so and I am supposed to be on M6. Do you think I would have more chances to be shortlisted and get a job as a 2nd in department or subject leader than as teacher?

7. Hi J2J

Glad your encouraged. Speaking from my own experience you're more likely to get a job with responsibility as schools will probably go for cheaper teachers if it is just a main scale position. I am on UPS3 by the way so I am a really old and expensive git!

Best wishes

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Happy Easter back to you!
    Well done for getting shortlisted. Now stop worrying over those errors! You have nonetheless been shortlisted, so they are keen to see more of what you have to offer. Forget contacting them about it.
    Just get stuck in on the Interview clickables inside the Welcome thread, so that we can have a nice new thread from you called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes

9. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I love that - I am too!!

10. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Same! It's a problem for us when competing against feisty, young, enthusiatic, energetic and cheap NQTs [​IMG]

11. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Oh! double (triple now) post [​IMG]

12. J2J

J2J

Me too [​IMG] ....it seems...

13. Thank you Theo and to everyone else.

By the way I have been told I look 10 years younger!

Happy Easter!

14. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

You can still be feisty and an expensive old git [​IMG]

15. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Oh I can be feisty, but I'm usually just more of an old git!

16. J2J

J2J

What's up Ethnic and Msmuse? Any good news? I have followed your example, applied and been shortlisted for a deputy head of faculty...interview next week.