1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-how to do ES when I don't meet a requirement

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maireadmairead, Feb 11, 2012.

1. maireadmairead

maireadmairead New commenter

Dear Theo,

I thought I saw this question answered before but can't find it now after doing a search.

Basically in a school's advertisement they said: "preferably experienced in teaching the IB PYP" which I don't have experience of.

Should I just not put that into my ES or should I put it in and say I have knowledege about it and excited at the prospect of using it, etc etc

Thanks again for your help :)

2. maireadmairead

Dear Theo,

I thought I saw this question answered before but can't find it now after doing a search.

Basically in a school's advertisement they said: "preferably experienced in teaching the IB PYP" which I don't have experience of.

Should I just not put that into my ES or should I put it in and say I have knowledege about it and excited at the prospect of using it, etc etc

Thanks again for your help :)

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You can do one of two things, Mairead.
    You can either leave it out completely, or you can put it in but changed.
    experienced in teaching the IB PYP = Familiar with IB PYP
    And then say that you have consulted the syllabus and seen overlap with your curriculum.
    :)
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

4. maireadmairead

Thanks Theo,

Also if a job says that they are looking for creative, dynamic, engaging teachers, should you use one of these words for each section of you ES/

I'm at a loss of what to write for these kinds of things, any ideas?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I would put the 3 together, and say something that shows them all.
    Produced play for 23 children in Year 3
    Or
    Devised 4-week cross-curricular scheme of work based on the Olympics.
    You've still got time to do that!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

6. maireadmairead

Theo, you really are a star! Thanks again

Mairead :)