1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo ..How to deal with derogatory remarks ?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cristinavalencia, Jun 17, 2015.

1. I recently attended an interview in a school where I work. I was not successful. I was told that my application was excellent and that I am regarded as an outstanding teacher by the deputy head teacher ..very nice to hear. My answers however lacked specifc details. Although disappointed I accept this and it is not a problem.

My problem is the attitude of one of the candidates who openly discussed me as not being a serious candidate with another candidate. Both internal one of whom I know and trust very well.. It bothers me because I will be working with this person and really would like to confront this person and advise them to act professionally in future.

My problem is that I did not hear them say this but the successful friend candidate of mine informed of this.

I have already asked my colleague friend that if she hears this person speaking badly about me that she should remind this person to follow NUT guidelines on professional behaviour.

Have I done enough or should I confront this person as it is not the first time

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

If this was a one off I would leave it.

3. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

You didn't actually hear them saying this - you're going on what someone else has said.

If you really are this bothered than you need to talk to the colleague concerned yourself.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, Cristina, my comment on this is:

¡No te sofoques por esto! No lo has oído tú; cuando lo oigas, entonces sí que puedes protestar, pero educadamente, claro.

Y tómate un buen sushi español este finde . . . que te lo mereces.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

5. Ha hahahaha. Que bueno! Si tienes mucho razon en lo que dices.

I nearly fell off my chair with laughter. I 'm going to collect more images like these to make me laugh. The next time I invite someone for a Spanish merienda I am going serve Jamon serrano in this style so they can also fall out of their chairs ... maybe even at school.

Theo you are wonderful and thank you for making me laugh so much ...I really need this.

Saludos

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.