1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - how far to go back

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Do I have go back and list my O levels from 1979. My thought is to just list relevant qualifications such as degree and teaching qualification on application forms. The form I am filling out at the moment doesn't specifiy.

2. Do I have go back and list my O levels from 1979. My thought is to just list relevant qualifications such as degree and teaching qualification on application forms. The form I am filling out at the moment doesn't specifiy.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Often on forms it asks for O/A levels(with grades), which always strikes me as slightly odd as they're not always a true reflection of one's ability when one has later qualifications.
    If not asked specifically, I usually say 8 'O' levels& 4 'A' levels & list the subjects to show the range of subjects.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, I'm with Lara on this. Say eg:
    O-levels, passes in 9 subjects.
    A-levels, passes in History, English Literature and French
    Good luck! (Don't forget to read the shortlisting clickables inside the Welcome thread)

I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.
    Look forward to seeing you!