1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... how do I upskill myself?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by nikilala, Mar 16, 2016.

1. nikilala

nikilala New commenter

I work part time as a Reception teacher and would love to get my own class.
    I know I lack experience and skills however as my jobshare has been doing the role for many years she does all the moderation and I'm always asked to cover the class.

Is there a way to improve my knowledge on my own as I feel the schools priorities are continuity in the classroom rather than my professional development.
    Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Have you seen the TES Institute on-line courses? They are mainly for primary, although not all.

On the top of the page, right at the very top, you can see

[​IMG]

And on the same line, at the end, Institute. It's an Institute of Learning.

On their home page, click the For Teachers.

Then look at the possibilities - i think the Outstanding teaching one is for you!

Best wishes

3. jade_dragon

jade_dragon New commenter

Although Australian in context, the resources here and here can also help you to work out your Professional Learning goals as a starting point. Once you know where to start, you can look for opportunities related to your goals. For example, here are two free online learning modules:

Dyslexia International

Assessment for Learning

Subscribe to relevant e-circulars and newsletters to stay up-to-date.

stcomgalls1 likes this.