1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, How do I show progress in a 25min lesson?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cazzielou, Feb 28, 2012.

1. cazzielou

cazzielou New commenter

I have an interview lesson tomorrow and I have it all planned to be on the carpet whole class activities as the focus is reading. My lesson plan is thorough and I have included the assessment points which I am focussing on. However, as it is a short lesson I won't be able to show much progress apart from the fact that the children will have been able to talk about the book (I am doing a comprehension lesson).
    Is it ok to say in the interview afterwards that this was the progress the children made and then explain the follow on activities that I would do in a real classroom to gain evidence of their understanding?

I have written on the end of the lesson plan the next steps as the activities that would follow on from this and the AF points that they cover. Is this enough?

I have only had a few days to prepare for the lesson and it is out of my comfort zone so I have been panicking about that and not even thinking about the interview part (I am normally pretty good at talking myself up though!) Would like to get the lesson clear in my head so I can concentrate in preparing myself for the interview!

2. cazzielou

cazzielou New commenter

I have an interview lesson tomorrow and I have it all planned to be on the carpet whole class activities as the focus is reading. My lesson plan is thorough and I have included the assessment points which I am focussing on. However, as it is a short lesson I won't be able to show much progress apart from the fact that the children will have been able to talk about the book (I am doing a comprehension lesson).
    Is it ok to say in the interview afterwards that this was the progress the children made and then explain the follow on activities that I would do in a real classroom to gain evidence of their understanding?

I have written on the end of the lesson plan the next steps as the activities that would follow on from this and the AF points that they cover. Is this enough?

I have only had a few days to prepare for the lesson and it is out of my comfort zone so I have been panicking about that and not even thinking about the interview part (I am normally pretty good at talking myself up though!) Would like to get the lesson clear in my head so I can concentrate in preparing myself for the interview!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I don't always get on here twice a day (although I am only SUPPOSED to be on here two or three times a week - do masses more) so I didn't get to see this before you left for your interview.
    I think that identifying the follow-up activities in your lesson plan was a really good idea, and hope that everything turned out well for you.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com