1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: How do I kick start my career after two years?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by gerard33, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Need urgent help on how to bulk up my CV and application forms when I have no experience. Qualified in NI in 2009 with PGCE. Have applied for everything and unsucessful. Have tried to keep out of the normal job market and classroom (as advised) to keep myself free for subbing but have not had any luck there either. Reluctant to seek help in NI as don't want everyone to know I have been so unsuccessful in getting employment. Still try to keep my teaching skills up to date but feel like i've lost my career and not sure what to do now. Am afraid if I get a job outside NI I will never get back, have a wife who has a job she can't leave.
    Anyone have any help or advice or could point me in the right direction. Have tried ATL and there advice was to 'keep putting yourself out there!'
    many thanks

2. Need urgent help on how to bulk up my CV and application forms when I have no experience. Qualified in NI in 2009 with PGCE. Have applied for everything and unsucessful. Have tried to keep out of the normal job market and classroom (as advised) to keep myself free for subbing but have not had any luck there either. Reluctant to seek help in NI as don't want everyone to know I have been so unsuccessful in getting employment. Still try to keep my teaching skills up to date but feel like i've lost my career and not sure what to do now. Am afraid if I get a job outside NI I will never get back, have a wife who has a job she can't leave.
    Anyone have any help or advice or could point me in the right direction. Have tried ATL and there advice was to 'keep putting yourself out there!'
    many thanks