1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, how can I make a resit placement look good?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You need to put a 'positive' spin on this. We often ask our students not to be put off by 'making mistakes' because they are all part of the learning experience. You may now be in a better place than someone who has not struggled & had to do some self-evaluation , looking for strategies to overcome their problems. To me that gives you a unique insight into the minds of your potential students. You need to see that this<u> is</u> positive & sell it like that.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Lovely answer there from Lara! Yes, emphasise that it was a learning experience.
    But also, make sure that your application is as good as it gets.
    Have you read the advice in the shortlisting clickables in the Welcome thread? If all else fails, there's always the TES services - the Job seminar on May 14th, or booking an individual session with me to discuss your applications. Dear Everyone... I met TheoGriff!
    Do read the Welcome thread for advice that has helped many posters!
    I got shortlisted for interview
    Best of luck
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!