1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Help! (Please)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by poor tom, Nov 15, 2011.

1. The first one asks if you follow rules or are awkward. Naturally you find organisational structures a useful framework within which you're able to make your unique contribution to a school, as your references will confirm.

...and it is NOT obvious to someone with a brain! It's cover-my-donkey-speak..

How do you show the second one? Mention examples of times/situations you've worked under pressure, and how the results (for yourself/students/school etc) were more than satisfactory. Don't you actually *enjoy* a challenge, and find it can bring out the best in you and the rest of the team you work with? As I'm sure your references will again confirm.

though I do like to avoid asking them to wait for confirmation by referees too much.

Hope this makes sense and helps a little...

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

We have to be a bit careful here, Welshie Bach.
    It's not a good idea to give too many ideas here, for two reasons.
    Firstly, what I write will be read by masses of others, and we don't want similar or same things flying around the schools.
    And secondly because if we're too helpful, we'll never be able to get anything else done, with everybody asking for help for their Executive Summary!
    But this is the sort of thing that you could say:
    Is willing to work within organisation procedures, processes and to meet required standards for the role.
    Always follow school policies and procedures and receive positive feedback from colleagues and Head of Department (But only say this if true, of course!)
    Is resilient and demonstrates ability to work well under pressure. Manages time effectively good attendance and well-organised.
    Am successful at supply teaching, which requires all these attributes; schools ask me to come again. (But only say this if true, of course!)
    No more. Finito. The End. Any more E.S. queries you work out for yourself, for the reasons I give above!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thaks Lara and Poor Tom. Also Theo I'm so sorry[​IMG]!
    I never lie.
    Ok.
    Thank you and sorry[​IMG].