1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - half an hour interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by missfisher55, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi Theo and fellow readers.
    I have be asked to prepare a half an hour lesson for Maths or English for ANY year group.
    Does this mean I make my plan and lesson half an hour <u>or</u> plan a 'normal' hour lesson and only teach half of it (providing the HT with the whole plan including plenary etc.)
    If it is half hour, not sure how much 'work' the children will be able to complete after the 'main teaching'. I'm obviously trying to make it as creative and interactive as possible, but ANY ideas from successful applicants PLEASE!
    Not sure! It's on Tuesday!
    Many thanks!

2. Hi Theo and fellow readers.
    I have be asked to prepare a half an hour lesson for Maths or English for ANY year group.
    Does this mean I make my plan and lesson half an hour <u>or</u> plan a 'normal' hour lesson and only teach half of it (providing the HT with the whole plan including plenary etc.)
    If it is half hour, not sure how much 'work' the children will be able to complete after the 'main teaching'. I'm obviously trying to make it as creative and interactive as possible, but ANY ideas from successful applicants PLEASE!
    Not sure! It's on Tuesday!
    Many thanks!

3. 576

576 Established commenter

You plan a 30 min lesson complete with starter, main & plenary.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, that's right!
    Make sure that you don't waste any time. Have a task that is easily completable in the time, and simple to explain so that you don't spend too much time on that.
    And have differentiation very clear in your pkan - which you will press on to the person observing, in case you don't need to use all of the differentiation.
    Well done for getting that interview - you've done well there.
    We have a tradition here of a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! Looking forward to yours!

5. Definitely include a full lesson - planning for the three main parts - you need to try and hit on as many of the OFSTED criteria as possible whilst being innovative/enjoyable etc - this is what the school wish to know that you can deliver.