1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - got the job - the Executive summary works!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by itsyandbitsy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Just thought I would share some good news. Revamped my statement and used executive summaries for the first time. Got 2 interviews from 3 applied for. The executive summary made me focus more and remember other stuff that I'd done and not put in my statement.

So thanks for the good advice here on TES [​IMG]

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    (Don't think I don't appreciate you - the big star STILL won't copy at present.)
    [​IMG]
    Aha! It just has - now let's see how long that lasts!
    Exactly what I say - see, I was right! (I hope Mrs TG is reading this - she thinks I am never ever right on anything. Henpecked, that's me.)
    Now go and read this thread - and then bump it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October 22nd Win that teaching job seminars - see you there!

3. 1) Huge congrats! It's SO exciting, isn't it?!
    2) For any doubters reading: yes. The executive summary really does work. Do it!
    xx

4. It's very exciting Lilybett!
    What great advice on the post you recommended too Theo, lots of advice I hadn't thought of

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Best of luck for them and hopefully you'll only need one!

6. [​IMG] Was told that the application looked very professional

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Then go start your new Dear Theo I got the job thread to celebrate and encourage others.