1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, got an interview, ARGH!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mariecapper, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Hi Theo and all -
    I applied for a job and went to look around on Tuesday, I really loved the place. It's the first job I've applied for and I didnt' think I'd get anything at all, but I've been shortlisted for interview on Monday morning. ARGH!
    I'm so nervous now, I've got to prepare a 15 minute mental oral maths task for year 5/6 at level 4 - this is what I teach so I can do it standing on my head but my brain has totally blanked out!
    I'm also now totally concerned what they might ask at interview and much as I'm good at winging things on the spot I want to be prepared.
    Any tips?

2. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Hi Theo and all -
    I applied for a job and went to look around on Tuesday, I really loved the place. It's the first job I've applied for and I didnt' think I'd get anything at all, but I've been shortlisted for interview on Monday morning. ARGH!
    I'm so nervous now, I've got to prepare a 15 minute mental oral maths task for year 5/6 at level 4 - this is what I teach so I can do it standing on my head but my brain has totally blanked out!
    I'm also now totally concerned what they might ask at interview and much as I'm good at winging things on the spot I want to be prepared.
    Any tips?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, once you've calmed down all that wonderful experience will come to the fore and I'm sure you'll plan a fab lesson.
    As to the interview you have checked in Theo's 'Here's one I made earlier' Interview tips here
    Interview Tips
    Possible interview questions
    haven't you?
    Best of luck with it. When I do my update Sat/Sun I'll try to remember to trawl back here to add you to our Interview Reminders thread. If I don't trawl far enough back, feel free to add yourself.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh excellent news! Lara has given you the link to our advice, so it just remains to remind you of our tradition: when you get the job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes