1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Good Move or Bad?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bozbear, Feb 28, 2011.

1. bozbear

bozbear New commenter

I have been offered an interview for a PPA cover job (Primary) - teaching Swimming and PE and another subject. I am two terms in to my NQT year but finish my maternity cover in April - so will have one term to complete.

My question is - A headteacher at another school whom I know has said that this would not be good for my career! and that I would find it difficult to progress from this point to a more senior position. Do you feel this would be the case?

The interview is firday. I have applied for another job that I would really like but that doesnt interview until next week. I really dont want to harm my career before I start and know that once I have accepted I cant look for another job can I?

I live in Lincolnshire and jobs are hard to come by - I have had loads of interviews and always been the bridesmaid!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Have you been tole the PPA cover could count towards your induction? In which case it's a job.
    I can understand how taking on a PPA cover <u>could</u> be considered in a bad light, but it's often used for returner teachers as a way back <u>in</u> to teaching though.
    Any job is better than no job in the present climate & I'm sure some Heads will realise that many teachers are having to consider alternative roles just to keep in employment.
    Not sure that's much help though.