1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo -Gaps in app form and qualifications question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by VelvetChalk, Apr 2, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

Hi just filling in the last bits of an application form after reading the clickables. Your advice is to leave no gaps but the application form has a section for 'education training/academic qualifications (relevant to person specification)' section, a
    'Other Qualifications ? Particulars of Course(s) and Award(s)' section, a 'Additional Professional Qualifications and Membership of Professional Associations' section and a 'Details of other relevant courses attended during the past 3 years' section. I have not done any of these whatsoever, I am not even in a union do I just put n/a? Also, I have put my Degree and PGCE on the Further education qualifications bit, do I need to put my A-levels and GCSES as well?Also, I started my PGCE in September 2008 but had to withdraw in Feb 2009 due to breakdown/bereavement then I returned and did my final placements the following academic year (Feb 2010-July2010). Will it suffice to put PGCE September 2008-July 2010 as if iti were part time. Sorry for all that, thanks :)

2. VelvetChalk

Also, since my executive summary doesnt fit in application form, is it okay to put 'see executive summary' in that box and provide the executive summary overleaf/as a seperate document on email. Sorry for all these questions, it is my dream school!

3. VelvetChalk

Sorry for no paragraphs!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tip 1: For Safari, Google Chrome and Android, put to get a paragraph!
    Tip 2: If more than 1 question, it's easier if you number them. Thanks!
    Put there your QTS - if not got it yet, you would have put: QTS (June 2012)
    Do NOT put here any union membership - that is information that the school is not entitled to have. It is for things such as, for a geography teacher, membership of The Geogrpahical Society, etc., So if you have nothing, you put N/A.
    No. F.E. means after A-levels
    Those are the dates, so put them.
    No. You must fill in their form so that they can see all the information that they want actually on the form. You either cut your executive summary so that it fits, or have it separate, but with something else written in that box, depending on what the header is.
    Tip 3 sepArate, sepArate . . .
    Best wishes