1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - FT want to change to PT

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Hoping2012, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

Dear Theo, I am currently working FT at a local primary school, however i would like to change this to working PT, so am looking for a job at different schools, in particular PT work - i just wanted to know that if i change from FT to PT know will it affect my future prospects of being able to get a FT job in the future? One of the main reasons for going PT is so that i can explore other avenues within education.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, not in the least.
    Getting a PT post is, however, pretty difficult - they are like hens' teeth! Your best bet is for one of your colleagues with small children to ask to go PT, so you can do a job share between you.
    The main impact of PT is on your pension - it takes longer to build up your credits.
    Best wishes

3. Hoping2012

Hoping2012 New commenter

i have found a couple of posts that are PT at another sch, which i may apply for. Also if i do not find anythng for Sept then i will do supply for a bit.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent! You are very lucky!
    Best wishes