1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Finally got an interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jan 6, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh well done there! You may have needed the advice on how to present yourself, using the exec summary, but remember that it's YOUR skills that they have chosen for the shortlist.
    Plan and deliver a mini-lesson, so that you can assess progress and learning at the end. Be very very careful with your timing - plan for 20 minutes so you don't panic if you lose time at the beginning of the session.
    Yes, I would think so, and any learning strategy that is effective.
    You need an excellent plan, with differentiation and if possible a section at the end saying briefly the follow-up in the next lesson.
    This book gives very very good advice (in an easy-read fashion - not dry and difficult at all) for writing a plan, etc., for an observed lesson. No, I don't get a %, but perhaps I should as I always recommend it!
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes - we expect a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations on that elusive interview Kittyhime.
    Read the book-very good advice.
    Fingers crossed
    [​IMG]

3. Oh man I'm nervous! Thank you for the help and advice [​IMG]

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Remember, most famous actors and actresses admit they get nervous before a performance and say they couldn't do as well if they didn't have that adrenalin running through them.

5. "This book gives very very good advice (in an easy-read fashion - not dry and difficult at all) for writing a plan, etc., for an observed lesson. No, I don't get a %, but perhaps I should as I always recommend it!"
    [​IMG]

I just read the reviews for this book and it looks really good, but then someone mentioned its mainly for secondary...and I'm applying for primary....would you say this book is still applicable? Or is there one aimed at primary teaching which you would recommend?

Thanks

6. That's great, thanks Theo

7. I'm a post 16 teacher and I've found it useful too.