1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - explaining time off due to stress

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 22, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm sorry that you have had a difficult time, but am glad to hear that it is now behind you.
    Yes, you must mention it in your letter. they will only start wondering why you are unemployed otherwise. And your school will tell them anyway.
    So make a positive of it. Have a brief paragraph saying that you have been unwell in this past school, although your attendance record was excellent previously. This is now all past, you are gighting fit, and having successfully come through this you are now better able than most teachers to cope with the everyday stresses of teaching.
    Be open, say it's sorted.
    Best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me in on Saturday 2 April.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. Thanks Theo