1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Executive Summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by katebennett28, Sep 23, 2020.

1. katebennett28

katebennett28 New commenter

Dear Theo Griff,

I am currently applying for a post which looks as if it has an E.S built into it. They have asked me to use the job profile to complete the application so I'm presuming I condense this into the left column and state how I meet this criteria?

upload_2020-9-23_13-56-41.png

Should I ask attach a supporting statement where I explain the points in the E.S in more detail? I feel super confused about this application so would appreciate any help!

Thank you!

2. katebennett28

The job profile has 8 points and the job advert has 6 should I include these all?

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

You need to tag @TheoGriff if you want her to see this.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks @Rott Weiler !

You posted two similar queries, I've answered the other in full, very full, but didn't know then that there was a job profile and an advert.

My advice is to include as many as is logical. Don't, for example, include "Good commjnication skills" from one and then "Good oral communication" from the other. Just be logical and intelligent about it.

And go back to your other post and read where I've written a great deal of advice about applications in general!

Best wishes

Twitter @Theo_Griff

5. katebennett28

Thank you @TheoGriff and @Rott Weiler

Thank you so much for replying and for all the advice. I am visiting the school today so hopefully will get some clarification.

The points in the job description are very long, for example, to plan teaching to achieve progression in children’s learning by identifying clear teaching objectives, setting tasks which challenge pupils, seeing clear and challenging targets for pupils (whilst involving pupils themselves in helping to set targets) and identifying pupils who have specific needs.

Should I break each section of this up, for example, plan teaching to achieve progression and give examples of how I have achieved this?

I just feel a bit confused how their job profile fits into the experience skill or knowledge section of the table.

Would you also recommend attaching and letter of application too?

Thanks very much! :)