1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Executive Summary - Page 3?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minnieminx, Mar 8, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I apply online for posts in my LA and there is therefore no opportunity to add/attach anything to the form. Just an online thing on the LA website, no idea what it looks like when printed out in a school. I could fill it in by hand if I asked the school to send me a form, so I know what that looks like.

There is ample space to copy and paste a two page letter of application/supporting statement, call it what you will, into the relevant box. I do absolutely see the point of an executive summary (even if just to focus my mind and aid my prose writing!), but would I just copy and paste it to the end of my supporting statement, so it presumably comes out as part of the form when printed in school? Or would I email it separately, seeing as the form won't be emailed so it isn't just a case of two attachments instead of one?

Thank you.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I apply online for posts in my LA and there is therefore no opportunity to add/attach anything to the form. Just an online thing on the LA website, no idea what it looks like when printed out in a school. I could fill it in by hand if I asked the school to send me a form, so I know what that looks like.

There is ample space to copy and paste a two page letter of application/supporting statement, call it what you will, into the relevant box. I do absolutely see the point of an executive summary (even if just to focus my mind and aid my prose writing!), but would I just copy and paste it to the end of my supporting statement, so it presumably comes out as part of the form when printed in school? Or would I email it separately, seeing as the form won't be emailed so it isn't just a case of two attachments instead of one?

Thank you.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi Minnie
    I would always try and keep the number of attachments to a minimum.
    If you are allowed/asked to send a separate letter or statement, I would put the Exec summ as the third page there. This way it gets printed out automatically and not left behind.
    If there is a space on the form for a statement, I would put the exec summ there, and then have a separate letter of application.
    However, you say that you have only the form - which seems to be expandable - and no way of having anything else. In that case put the exec summary at the end of the statement, giving you an extra page there.
    Best wishes
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you.

There isn't a way of sending anything else except completely separately from a different system. I could of course email anything I like to the school. But sending them an exec summary via email and then the application via the LA website wouldn't guarantee the two ever met up again!

Thanks again.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good point!
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!